Facebook introduced Instant Articles, a fast and interactive experience for reading articles in News Feed. Using the same technology that loads photos and videos quickly in the Facebook app, articles now load as much as 10 times faster than standard mobile web articles, so you get to the stories you want to read quickly. Once there, new features like tilt-to-pan photos, auto-play video, embedded audio captions, and interactive maps let you explore the story in new ways. For more information about Instant Articles, visit http://instantarticles.fb.com/.
A new way for publishers to create fast, interactive stories on Facebook.
Mobile web articles can take an average of eight seconds to load, by far one of the slowest parts of the Facebook app. Instant Articles provides a faster and richer reading experience for people in News Feed.
Fast and Responsive
Leveraging the same technology used to display photos and videos quickly in the Facebook app,
articles now load instantly, as much as ten times faster than the standard mobile web.
- Render and display stories quickly with Facebook’s native mobile infrastructure.
- Delight readers with a fast, fluid and responsive native app experience.
- Support for mobile and low bandwidth network connections globally.
Interactive and Immersive
Instant Articles introduces a suite of interactive features that allow you
to bring your content to life in new ways on Facebook.
- Instantly zoom into high-resolution photos and tilt to explore details.
- Watch autoplay video come alive as you scroll through the article.
- See where the story happened by exploring interactive maps.
- Hear the author’s voice with embedded audio captions.
- Like and comment on individual parts of the article, inline.
Simple and Scalable
After initial set up, any story you publish to your website can easily become an
Instant Article, scaling across your entire library of content to provide a fast,
interactive experience for all readers on the Facebook app.
- Use existing production tools and standard markup language to create Instant Articles.
- Publish any type of article, from daily news coverage to longform features.
- Harness HTML and RSS feeds to scale entire content libraries in the Instant Articles format.
Control and Customization
With Instant Articles, you maintain control over your stories, your brand experience, and your monetization opportunities.
- Sell ads in your articles and keep the revenue.
- Or choose Facebook’s Audience Network to monetize unsold inventory.
- Earn comScore traffic credit and track performance with your analytics tools.
- Customize how your brand identity is represented from News Feed into the article.